Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

So our Valentines Day did not start exactly how we had planned. For starters, it began a whole lot earlier than we thought it would...like 2am early. Rylie woke up at 2 very unhappy and wouldn't go back to sleep for the rest of the night. She would doze off for like 20 minutes but would jerk back awake and start crying again. So needless to say, it was a long night! Brandon didn't feel good by the morning and stayed home sick. I took Rylie to my Mom's and left her there so I could go to work. She pretty much slept on my mom's lap the entire day. I think this is all due to the fact that her second tooth is ready to pop through any day.

My mom gave Rylie the cutest little tea set for Valentines. When you open the tea pot, it sings (in a British accent, which I think is so funny). As sick as Rylie was, she still started dancing when the tea pot was singing. No smiles, but she still got her groove on!


Rylie modeling her Valentines outfit. I also had cute little jeans, red converse and a big red bow...but sick baby = comfort over cuteness! :)

I got the best Valentines gift ever when I got home...after Brandon had slept, he felt better so he cleaned! The house was spotless! He then went out and picked up dinner for us and we all sat down and ate as a family. Rylie was finally feeling a little better, so she loved opening her gift from us and giving Daddy her Valentines gift. She got him a "Kisses for Daddy" book and a Daddy's Little Valentine bib so she could tell everyone that Daddy was her Valentine (and hopefully will be for the next, oh I don't know, 25 years?!). It really turned out to be such a great Valentines Day...even after the less than perfect start!






She adores her Daddy!


Did I mention that she loves to tear apart paper? Pretty much the highlight of her life right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment