Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The 4th of July

I love our country. I have traveled alot outside the US, and I love to experience new cultures and new people. In fact, traveling is probably one of my favorite things to do. But there is something about coming home. I will never get tired of the feeling when you return to the US. Sure, I know we have our problems...but so does everyone else, and this is home for me until God calls us to live elsewhere (and if that did happen, I would be very excited, though I would miss this country). All this to say, I love the 4th of July! I love that it means spending time with family and friends and I love fireworks, so really it is the perfect holiday. Maybe it's because I missed a few years of this holiday when I was traveling in the summers, but it is very quickly becoming my favorite of the year. So here are a few photos of our day...and of course, even Wrigley is in her red, white and blue!









1 comment:

  1. wish I was there. Looked like fun. Can't wait to see you guys next week!!

    ReplyDelete