Sunday, September 9, 2012

Camping Trip

My dad got drawn to hunt for elk this year, so we headed up to the mountains with my parents so that he could do some scouting and Rylie could go camping! We go to a beautiful area up on the rim near Wood's Canyon Lake. It is extremely peaceful, quiet, and even was cold! Rylie had absolutely no idea what we were doing when we said we were going camping, but she was excited all the same (side note-when she woke up from her nap on Friday, I watched her on her monitor jump up and head over to her dresser where she chose the girliest pink shirt she owns. She then called to me that she needed a skirt, so I came in and she picked out a white ruffle skirt...and then she proceeded to tell me, "Mommy, I'm ready to go camping!". The other funny thing was when my parents pulled into a gas station in Payson she looked at my mom and said, "Grandma, are we camping now?"...see, no idea what she was in for.).

Sleeping in a normal bed in the tent trailer!



She loved her morning hot chocolate from a big girl cup.

My little gymnast...every single log we found instantly became a balance beam, complete with a jump off the end and a "ta-da"!


She loves "her doggie". :)


Blowing away the flower...I can't for the life of me remember what these are called (thistles??) but I know that I spent forever as a kid watching them fly away when you blew on them. :)




More to come in a later post...

No comments:

Post a Comment