Thursday, October 3, 2013

To San Diego we go!

We decided to take a little detour on our last trip to California and head to San Diego before going up to Brandon's Mom's house in Fullerton. My 30th (!!) birthday was coming up, so it was a fun start to the celebration. Helen and Brandon planned everything (which, let's be honest, is every mother's dream...go on a vacation and not have to really plan a bit of it) and we headed out on Thursday night. I can't say the trip got off to the best start due to the face that Grayson screamed (literally...like bloody murder, like he was dying, at the top of his lungs...you get the picture) just about the entire drive. Yes, over 5 hours. Needless to say, it was very nice to see the hotel with Mimi waiting for us. :)

We drove through a crazy (but quick) haboob on the way there!

We stayed at a beautiful hotel right on Mission Bay across the street from Sea World. Helen surprised me with my first birthday set up right when we got there.


He was very happy to be out of the car (along with the rest of us, thanks to him!).

Helen got me my favorite almond champagne from a winery in Temecula!

Apparently crying hysterically for 5 hours will tire a little guy out! He slept amazing that first night (unfortunately, his sleeping pattern went down hill from there, but hey, I'll take one good night whenever I can get it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment