Sunday, February 16, 2014

Grandma (aka Grammy)

I have had the privilege to live near one set of my grandparents for pretty much my entire life. My Grandpa and Grandma Perkins came to a ton of my sporting events, school programs, church events, and graduations while I was growing up. They also got to be a part of my kids lives. My Grandma, or Grammy to all of the great-grandkids, passed away on January 15th. I miss her... a lot. Rylie misses her Grammy and talks about her a lot. She had a great sense of humor and I miss her smile and funny comments. We had a great time celebrating her life and spending time together as a family throughout the weeks in January.


Grandma took all of us grand daughters to see Mary Poppins one year.

One of my favorite memories. When we were little kids, my grandparents took us to Disneyland, no parents allowed. So a couple of years ago, us grand kids took them back to Disneyland...still no parents allowed! Grandma rode "Its a Small World" with her hands over her mouth and kept saying it was as magical as she remembered.

Meeting Rylie.


Rylie with Grammy at the cabin. This cabin holds the best memories.






This is one of Rylie's favorite memories of Grammy. There is an apple tree in front of the cabin and Rylie spent a lot of time with Grammy talking about the apples and what size they will be. She still brings it up occasionally!


Grammy and Papa Perkins at dinner with us on Rylie's 2nd birthday.


Meeting Grayson.

Grayson at the cabin. I am so happy that Grayson got to go the cabin and spend time up there with Grammy.

One of the last outings with Grammy and my kids-looking at Christmas lights.

We love you Grammy and miss you tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment