Wednesday, November 3, 2010

6 Months



Well, our little peanut is not so little anymore! Rylie is now 6 months old...as in half a year! That is so crazy to us...time really does fly. Here are some of the fun things that she is doing right now-

*She is stitting completely by herself for very long periods of time. She is very happy with this, and makes our job a little easier since all she has wanted to do for a very long time is sit or stand and now she can without our assistance.

*She weighs 17 lbs 2 oz...which puts her in the 75%. She is 26.5 inches long (also the 75%) and her head is 18 inches...which is off the charts :) They are still watching that big head of hers!

*She is wearing mostly 6 month size clothing.

*She is super verbal! She has this super high pitch shriek that I think Brandon and I could do without, but hey, I'm sure that I will miss it someday :)

*I would say that she is definitely teething, but I probably would have said that months ago as well. Everything goes directly into her mouth and she is constantly sucking her thumb (or her entire fist...whichever she is in the mood for)...but no teeth yet! Her other cute mouth thing is that she curls her bottom lip under her top lip...makes for one adorable facial expression!



*She loves her food! So far she has eaten peas, carrots, sweet potatos, green beans, bananas and avocado. Her favorite is definitely sweet potatos and she probably would prefer to never eat avocados again :)

*She has started to reach for me occasionally...and it melts my heart everytime!

*Her favorite book in the entire world is still the fingerpuppet "Little Ladybug"...she will literally lunge out of your lap to get to it if it is anywhere within reach...even if you are reading another book. Too bad it's only like 6 pages long, so needless to say that Grandma and I have it memorized.

*She also loves this little ball with a smaller ball inside of it that Gammie bought her. She will play with that longer than any of her other toys.

*She still absolutely loves the dogs! Cherokee (one of my parents dogs) might be her favorite because they seem to chat with each other (hopefully, I will get this on video soon!).




I know that it is cliche...but I really can't believe she is 6 months old! We are loving watching her learn and grow and can't wait to see what she comes up with next

No comments:

Post a Comment