Saturday, November 27, 2010

So Thankful

I know it is kinda cheesy, but I really have a lot to be thankful for this year! I have an amazing husband that loves me so much and shows me that every day...and not only is he an amazing husband, he is an unbelievable daddy. And then there is Rylie. Who would have ever thought that something so little and helpless could bring so much joy and laughter into one house! She is such a blessing and I am so thankful for her health and what she has brought to our marriage and our home. Brandon and I have quite a few friends and aquaintences who have lost babies this year through miscarriage, stillbirths, and even a tragic accident. My heart just hurts for those who have lost and makes me remember to be thankful for Rylie not just today but everyday. God has really blessed our family this year.

We spent Thanksgiving this year here in Arizona. We headed over to my aunts house for a day of spending time with family and eating a whole lot of good food! After our Thanksgiving feast at lunch, some of us sat around a bonfire (it was one of the coldest Thanksgivings on record here in AZ!) and others watched a lot of good football. It was really fun to have all of the cousins and little ones together and the day was really pretty perfect!


Rylie's Thanksgiving dinner consisted of pumpkin, sweet potatos, apples and green beans (well, at least that is what she ate throughout the day)...not a bad first Thanksgiving! :)






Grandpa and Grandma with all of their great-grandkids




Snoozing by the fire







So my cousin Ashley's little boy, Cayden, is 6 weeks older than Rylie (You might remember him from this hilarious photo). We thought it would be fun to get some pictures of them together at their first Thanksgiving. It turned into a pretty entertaining event to say the least! All Cayden wanted to do was get Rylie's bow off of her head and Rylie was obsessed with chewing on Cayden's shoes. All in all, it made for some pretty funny pictures!







In the end, we did end up getting a couple of cute ones!



No comments:

Post a Comment