Sunday, April 17, 2011

Urgent Care

So this weekend we took our first trip to urgent care with Rylie. She woke up from her afternoon nap on Friday and she was just not acting like she normally does. We watched her the rest of the night, but she didn't have a fever and went to bed pretty easy. She did not sleep that great, but it wasn't like she was up all night either. She woke up on Saturday really stuffed up and had a little cough, so I called her doctor and talked to one of the nurses. She still did not have a fever so we decided not to take her in.

In order to try to get her to relax and take it easy, Brandon went and rented a movie (I so remember getting to do this whenever I was sick as a kid...and now I am doing it for my own!) for her...one side note, even though she was not feeling good, when the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse music started on the movie, she started dancing (even sickness can't stop her groove)!

She got worse as the day went on and now had a fever. At 2am she woke up with 102.5 fever and we decided to take her in. They took one look at her and decided to do a breathing treatment and prescribed a steriod. The breathing treatment was not fun. It is not easy to hold a mask on the face of an 11 month old...much less for 8-10 minutes! She screamed for over half of it and then fell asleep sitting up with her head resting in my hand for the rest of it. The treatment and the first dose of the steriod seemed to help and she was able to sleep the rest of the night.

Brandon and I were remembering that the last time we jumped in the car in the middle of the night was almost a year ago for Rylie's birth. I guess I should be incredibly greatful that this is the first urgent care visit and she is almost a year old! (Sorry again...broken camera=no pics...though I don't think I would have taken any even if I had my camera...it was 3 in the morning!)

No comments:

Post a Comment