Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sleepover



We have had a very emotional couple of weeks since Rylie was born. I'm sure that is the case with every new parent, but to top off adjusting to life with a baby at home, Brandon's Grandpa passed away last weekend. He is very close to his Grandparents since he lived with them for 3 years growing up. The funeral was Thursday and Friday and after a lot of consideration, we decided that it would be to much for Rylie and I to go with him to California. So, Brandon flew out on Wednesday night and Rylie and I headed to my parents house to stay while he was gone. We definitely missed Brandon, but it was very nice to have the help while he was gone.



Dakota loves Rylie! Unfortunately, she wouldn't let Wrigley anywhere near Rylie the entire time we were at my parent's house. It looks like we had it wrong...we thought Wrigley would be the one who got protective, but it looks like it was Dakota!



Rylie and Grandpa doing a crossword puzzle.

Wednesday was kind of a busy (but fun!) day for us. First off, Rylie has had some goopiness in one of her eyes so I finally decided to take her to the pediatrician...and it turned out to be a clogged tear duct, just like I thought. She got weighed again and was half an ounce shy of her birth weight...7lb 10 1/2 oz. I also asked her doctor about her stomach. It seems like 20 minutes after I nurse, she is in major pain. The doctor suggested I try going completely dairy free for a little while and see if that helps her stomach...so here goes nothing. If you know me, you know how much I love all things dairy, so this will be a challenge. On the bright side, it will probably help me loose weight faster! :) After her doctor, we headed to my doctor. I was so happy when she told me that everything looks great-I even was cleared to drive and to start light exercise! Let me just say that my C-section recovery had been way better than I ever expected. After my doctors appointment, my mom and I headed out to do some shopping for some clothes that fit me. Rylie did amazing running all of our errands and I came away very excited with my clothes purchases!





This seems to be one of her new favorite postitions. She will relax immediately when she is held like this.

The next couple of days we relaxed and Rylie got to do a few new things. We met my mom for lunch one day at her work (though Rylie wouldn't know that as she slept the entire time), went to Valley's track banquet (again, slept through the whole thing), met a friend for frozen yougart (they even had dairy free options!), and hung out with family. It was a fun week, but we are excited for Brandon to be back and get to experience all of this fun stuff with us!



Rylie on a conference call with Grandpa...needless to say, he has a hard time getting any work done when we are there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment